RIVER YEALM & DISTRICT ASSOCIATION.
NOTES OF A COMMITTEE MEETING OF THE RYDA
Held at Shore Steps House, Noss Mayo at 7.30 pm on Tuesday 30th March 2010
There were no apologies
2. MINUTES OF COMMITTEE MEETING dated 10th January 2010 were approved.
3. MATTERS ARISING FROM THE MINUTES.
Nothing was raised
4. CHAIRMAN’S REPORT:
· Affordable Housing. Newton and Noss has decided to reject the recommendation of the Princes Foundation for the Built Environment for a formal housing “Allocation” in the parish, preferring instead to build 10-12 Affordable homes off Parsonage Rd, commencing sometime in 2010. This solution is the result of several years work by the Community Housing Working group, The Parish Council and others and will be known as a “Village Initiative”. These houses will be reserved in perpetuity for those with local connections, through a Section 106 agreement.
· ‘Village Design Statement’. It was noted that Councillor Cooper had asked Devon County Council that consideration be given to an extension of the Conservation Area.
· Newton and Noss Twinning with Trebeurdon. A Committee member had been approached and was asked whether the RYDA would consider taking a lead in the proposed Twinning activities. The Committee decided that it may be appropriate to support when social activities were arranged and would respond when proposals were more advanced.
· New ‘Blue Book’. Alan Lomax had approached Marchand and Petit regarding sponsorship of a new edition of the information directory.
5. ANY OTHER BUSINESS.
· R.Y.D.A Photo’s Alan Lomax would review the volume of photos held by the R.Y.D.A and report to the meeting following the A.G.M.
· Preparation for A.G.M. The committee spent the remainder of the meeting packing the documents necessary for the A.G.M which were to be circulated to all members of the R.Y.D.A.
6. DATE OF NEXT MEETING Unless there is an issue that would call for an emergency meeting, the next meeting would be the A.G.M. at 7pm on 28th April 2010 at Noss Village Hall.
Bill Taylor thanked Chris Bradley for hosting the meeting. There being no further business the Chairman closed the meeting at 9.25pm. Denise Marchant, Hon Secretary RYDA: